Monday, April 13, 2009

The Magic of Al Gore's Internet

Sure, The Delicious Truth has regular readers, but you’d be surprised at how other people arrive at the blog.

I use a web tracking service that allows me to see the phrases people are entering into search engines that lead them here. (Hits only register if someone clicks on a link to The Delicious Truth within the search results.)

Some searches are normal enough, like “how to roast beets” and “truth about artificial colors.”

I have to wonder, though, what possesses someone to Google “Hannah Montana Milk Flavoring Straws ingredients.” I guess I shouldn’t complain, since one of my posts about Froot Loops shows up third on the first page of search results. And the person clicked on it!

I’m especially proud of the fact that I hold the top two places (out of 4,120,000) if you Yahoo “what’s in a pop tart.” (I have always been a simple man with simple pleasures.)

Other recent winning searches include “wife role according to chose a fast food outlet,” “dinosaur eating ice cream,” “meat in bacos?” and “grow a berry game ‘Crunch Berries’.”

Someone (me?) obviously has way too much time on his hands.

No comments: