Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Grazin' Angus Acres: In Dan Gibson We Trust

As I wrote yesterday, I would sooner eat raw meat bought at the farmers’ market than meat produced by a huge, faceless multinational, no matter how much it is cooked.

The beef in my (rare) burger (photo, right) is from Grazin’ Angus Acres, and when I buy food from Dan Gibson, the farm’s founder, I am supremely confident in his attention to flavor, nutrition and food safety.

Doubts? Click here to listen to Gibson talk about many topics discussed in The Delicious Truth, including the grass his cows eat, healthy omega-3 fatty acids and
the slaughtering process.

I think it’s safe to say that we would be hard-pressed to find a similar speech by any Cargill, Smithfield or Tyson executive.

Beef from Grazin' Angus Acres is available in New York City and the Albany area. Click here for more details.

No comments: